Sunday, December 19, 2010

Insert Creative Title Here

I like cake. Yes I do. I like cake. How ‘bout you?
After reading my sister’s new blog, I’ve decided to jump on the bandwagon. Will my posts be as epic as hers? Probably not. She’s been to three colleges, will have three degrees, and can pass the bar exam. She obviously knows way more words than I do, let’s take that into consideration folks.
For my inaugural post I could start by telling tales about myself like an “about me” section of a profile that everyone lies in. “I’m 5’7, long blonde hair, slim body, and I love working out and long walks on the beach”.  Yeah right. You’re 5’2, you have black roots chasing that blonde hair, you have muffin tops, and the only work out you get is a run to the kitchen when your macaroni boils over. Instead I will blog about what I know best: cake. Not just any cake though, I’m talking holy cake here.
In my 20 years of life, I’m not sure why I never thought of making a birthday cake for Jesus on Christmas. HELLO, it is THE birthday of the year. Shouldn’t we celebrate it with a delicious treat? As far as I’m concerned, Duff Goldman should be making and delivering cakes to all in honor of the baby Jesus. (The baby Jesus? Yes, the baby Jesus. That’s my favorite form of Jesus so that’s what I prefer to refer to him as) I also believe that Christmas birthday cake should be consumed with cake’s brother from another mother: ice cream. The combination of the two would mingle in your mouth to make Christmas fireworks and the highest form of respect for the birth of the baby Jesus.
I would like to place the blame for 20 Christmases with no birthday cake on my mother. She spent Christmas Eve making goodies for all of our consumption and then toted us off to the grandparent’s house for dinner and gifts. Hours in a hot kitchen and few minutes to pretty herself up.. No time for a cake for Jesus? Seems selfish to me, mom. (Just kidding Mona, thanks for the dinosaur food, magic cookie bars, and other Christmas favorites that our kitchen cranks out!)
Well. That’s about it for now. I’m a newbie to this whole blogging thing so now I’ll just say “The End” (or “Fin” if you prefer) and go about the rest of my day planning a birthday cake so epic that is makes up for 20 lost years.
-M
From the Depths of Megan’s Mind: Who decided red and green were to be the colors of Christmas? I don’t like red. I don’t look good in red. Whoever this person is needs to take this color choice up with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment